Little History of the St Mary of Mount Carmel Cemetery
The cemetery is located on the grounds of the St Mary Mt Carmel Parish Church directly behind the church.
At the time of the founding of the parish, two acres of land were set aside for it's cemetery. The first Burial was Suzzanna Kopotka in 1888. it is not known exactly when the stone pillars which mark the cemetery were built.
The current cross located on the southern portion of the cemetery was specifically crafted with diamond cut ends. The corpus of the old cross was restored to it's gleaming brilliance and placed once again on the cross.
Along the eastern portion of the cemetery an area had long been designated as a "Baby Cemetery". For years it was there that infants were buried. Many had very simple markers and there likely are some unmarked graves from when families could not afford a marker.
(this information was taken form the Parish centennial book pages 258-259)